Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Patio!



The Penuels enjoyed a fun Memorial Day weekend working around the house. It all started with an eternal trip to Home Depot to get the supplies to build a patio in our backyard. We had bought some cute red chairs & found cushions at Target, but we wanted a spot where we could sit & enjoy being outside. While we were at the Depot, I wandered around the garden center trying to decide what flowers I should plant in my front yard. I would love your thoughts??

David went to work & laid stones to make the perfect place for us to relax in the evenings. It was really hard work, but he was a champ! It turned out to be just what we wanted...you will notice in our pictures that Chapman's Exersaucer makes a wonderful centerpiece!

In the evenings, we enjoyed a few nights of grilling out w/friends, playing Wii, & watching the 1st 2 Indiana Jones movies (which I, Alli, had never seen!) in preparation for the new one.

All in all, such a great weekend with my family!! I also threw in one fun picture of my small group girls - love them!

Click here for some pictures.

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Looks great!! And love the chairs and cushions. What a perfect place to relax in the evenings!

The Penuels said...

Don't you think it's cute the way Alli puts a hyphen in the word "weekend"? Love you babe.

The Penuels said...

Oh hush!! I honestly don't know why I do that...I will be editing now!

Kara Wilson said...

Love the patio!!! Way to go- I'm so impressed! You guys have such a great yard with such beautiful, big trees!!!! Can't wait to see you soon!

Donnell Days said...

OK, I got on to leave a comment about how nice your patio turned out, but am now smiling at how cute you all are!! :)

Lucy said...

Great patio with super cute red chairs. Best thing of all? Definitely the center-piece! Go Chapman!

Megan Kemp said...

love the red chairs!!! i am digging the hammock too.....that would be my spot. good work!

Jen said...

such a cute patio!
jen