Mama Bloggers Playgroup
I decided to do a giant post to catch you up on the Penuels over the past few weeks. We have had lots of fun things going on, & Chapman has managed to stay quite busy!!
* Chapman's sweet buddy Hudson had a birthday. It was "Huntin' & Fishin'", & Chapman had so much fun playing in the ball pit with his friends!
* We had an 80's Skate Party to kick off the year for the Sr. Highers. Everyone looked awesome, & yes, I am actually still sporting a bruise from a tumble I took out in the skate rink! It was really fun & brought back some memories...remember racing, the dice/number game & limbo?!!
* We went out to the lake with our Leader's team to refresh & regroup before the new school year. It was great to be out on the lake & do some tubing. I also got some good time alone with the Lord...we were challenged & encouraged to check our lives & see where we are with the Lord & where we need to be.
* Summer hosted a playgroup for some mama bloggers on Monday. Chapman got to see some old buddies and meet some new ones!! Thanks for the fun idea Summer & Blake :)
* We had our normal playgroup over at Quinn's. Chapman LOVED Quinn's red car...and Quinn introduced him to Boz the singing bear!!
* David & I went to the American Idol concert!! It was total greatness...our favorite performance was Michael Johns!
* We had a fun day of shopping & playing with Aunt Jen & cousin Claire yesterday at Watters Creek in Allen. Jen & I bought LOTS of hand soap at the B & Body Works sale!
We have LOTS of fun pics. Click below to see the slideshow.
Click here to see.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Earlier this evening, Chapman took off down the hall like he always does. Normally, I have closed all doors so we can keep an eye on him. Unfortunately, this time I forgot one. When David & I heard a faint splashing, this is what we found...
You might be judging me right now, but take heart, I had actually just deep cleaned this very bathroom earlier in the day! Still gross, I know.
The bright side...he was having such a great time!!! (until I whisked him away to disinfect)
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
On a recent trip to NYC David bought "The Office" trivia for us to play. We both love games, so tonight we hung out on our back patio with the monitor & tried to remember our favorite quotes, scenes, episodes, etc. I was Stanley & David was Phyllis...proud to say that Stanley WON!! I was the first to collect all 6 colored Dundies AND was wearing the "Support the Rabid" bracelet.
Maybe next time, Phyllis!
Monday, August 11, 2008
This weekend I got to spend time with some of my dear friends down in Dallas. Joanna, Becca & I lived together after college for a year & we just loved being roommates!!
Becca & Saleem are back in Dallas after living in Indiana & Philly, and Jo was able to come in from Oklahoma. She left her sweet little boy, Reese, with her husband for the weekend. We planned some good "girly" things to do like lounging by the pool, enjoying some fun spa treatments, watching a few chick flicks & getting dressed up to go out to eat!
I love these precious friends, and it was so wonderful to get to catch up on life, drink coffee, sleep in, take lots of silly pictures & just be together!
Thanks to Becca for letting us stay at your gorgeous apartment & to Saleem for getting "kicked out" & letting the girls have such a great weekend!
Click here for some pics.
Sunday, August 03, 2008
So sorry that I have not posted in awhile. I feel like our lives have been kind of crazy - here & there - in & out of town. I will try & catch you up on the life of the Penuels little by little!
I will start with our trip to Wichita Falls. Chapman & I went to Grammy & Poppi's because my cousin, Dawn, came to visit with her three precious kids...Bailey, Tate & Aubree. We don't get to see them very often, so it was SO much fun to spend a few days catching up, swimming, eating snowcones & playing Wii (of course).
My sweet cousin Bailey & I had so much fun hanging out together...she gave me a beautiful french manicure & we took lots of fun pics on her iPhone :) Love you Bailey!!
Oh yeah...and Chapman got a fun new haircut!!
Click here for some pics from the visit.