Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Don't Want Another Pretty Face

I was disturbed by myself today.

I hardly listen to the radio anymore while I'm in my car. I prefer the silence of the open road (by "silence" I mean the sound of my driver's side backseat window rattling and by "open road" I mean bottle necked traffic at the high-five) over the consistent replay of the same 6 songs over the airwaves. I typically get in my car, turn on the radio, hear a few disgusting lines of a 50cent song or the partial chorus of the only Gavin DeGraw song the world seems to care about, and then shut it off and open my sunroof. This is typical.

Today was not typical. I left the radio on for an entire song! "Why?" you ask...because that song was "Beautiful Soul" by Jesse McCartney. I am embarrased and ashamed but I can't get enough of Jesse's nasal-toned melody. I don't seem to care that he is nothing more than a poor-man's Aaron Carter and that Aaron Carter is just a poor-man's Nick Carter and that Nick Carter is, well, a poor man.

I am way too feeling the groove of "Beautiful Soul" and I am afraid that in the process my own soul has turned ugly. If you have suffered from the same and survived I would appreciate any advice...Please...Help me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least u didnt have to listen to Ryan Cabrara.

Anonymous said...

good point

Anonymous said...

im listening to that jesse mcartney song right now

Anonymous said...

Fiddy cent/ 50 cent is totally wacked and so is Jesse Mcartney next time try to listen to Kelly Clarkson

Ya YA SInce U been gone...