Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Why Disciples?

I've been reading a book called The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey and the always insightful author looks into an interesting question: What motivation did Jesus have to choose 12 men to be his "disciples"? One reason given is the book of Mark is "that they might be with him."

"Jesus never tried to hide his loneliness and dependence on other people," observes Yancey.

What I'm asking myself today...Who am I to try to hide my loneliness? Why do I always act as if I don't need to depend on other people? We all need friends...Who are you inviting to be yours?

2 comments:

Victim Of Desire said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Victim Of Desire said...

liked your observation..we all need to depend on someone...everyone is weak after a certain point...no one is invulnerable. only the limits differ for each person.