Monday, April 18, 2005

imitator

Be imitators of God, therefore, as beloved children
Ephesians 5:1

Have you ever wanted to imitate somebody else? Before you answer "No way, I'm my own person!", think about it...how did you decide to wear your hair the way you are wearing it? Ever quoted a movie to get a laugh? Ever bought a pair of shoes because you saw them on someone else first?

We all imitate in one way or another. Is what you imitate on a day to day basis worthy of imitation? Have you ever tried to imitate God? I have and I quickly found that it is impossible to do so perfectly...that is why I must first be certain that I am a "be-loved" child of God. Only when I give up my life of independence for dependence on God, will I be able to know Him and imitate Him.

Sometimes it is hard to believe that God would love you. It can be difficult to let down your guard and let God's love in. Maybe you've seen many imperfect and/or bad examples of love in this world. I can assure you God's love will not fail. Be loved by God...then imitate Him and love others.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats such a good point. It's so hard for me to imitate God and i get lazy and just do what my friends think so much of the time.

Julie said...

I definitely wanted to be just like you growing up and did a lot of David Imitating...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DAVID HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
I hope you are having a GREAT day!!! How old are you turing today??