Monday, April 11, 2005

shopgirl

Right now I'm catching up on my blogging while sitting comfortably in my bed at home. Using a laptop with wireless internet is a new phenomenon for me...I can't help but feel like Meg Ryan's character in the 1998 hit romantic comedy You've Got Mail. I think that movie was the first time I saw someone use a laptop in various places throughout the house.

When I first witnessed shopgirl's laptop phenomenon and cyber-love-connection, I was a freshman at Oklahoma State (go pokes) and had to walk down 3 flights of stairs and into an exchange student dominated (and coincidentally kinda funny smelling) computer lab in order to use the internet.

My how things have changed.

BJ's Brewary is a restaurant just south of 15th street on the west side of 75 in Plano. I ate dinner there tonight for the first time and it is now one of my new favorites. I'll probably go there for my birthday next week. Click here to check out the menu. (the Pizookie is unbelievable...If you thought Chili's Molten Chocolate cake was good...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey David, love reading your blogs. By the way, BJ's Brewery was a favorite of ours when we lived in Orange County - the Pazookie was my all-time favorite and we celebrated many a special occasion there in the 4 years we lived in SO CAL. 7 MORE DAYS TILL YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!

Julie said...

BJ's was definitely one of my favorite restaurants in high school. We had one in Brea in the mall parking lot. Oh and just so you know... Cheddars has a similar dessert titled the "Cookie Monster." So... if you're in a city that doesn't have a BJ's just go to Cheddars for a poor man's Pazookie. Chubito, next time I'm in Dallas, let's hit up some BJs?