Thursday, September 22, 2005

Soon-To-Be-Uncle-David


I thought of another reason why I'm glad to be getting married here in about 2 weeks. Once we've said our vows, I will be able to completely eliminate the phrase "soon-to-be" from my vocabulary. It can be very annoying (for both the speaker and listener) to have to repeatedly use this phrase over and over in conversation.

For example:
I had a great dinner tonight with my soon-to-be-bride and my soon-to-be-in-laws at Texas Roadhouse. I enjoyed video games and practicing subtraction with my wonderful soon-to-be-niece Maddi. I was stabbed with forks and got to listen to my Batman-like soon-to-be-nephew Jack count to 100 while waiting for his chicken strips to cool. Unfortanately, the chicken was "too spicey" and is soon-to-be at the bottom of a dumpster.

Just 2 more weeks.
David (Soon-to-be-enjoying-Maui instead of Hurricane Rita and lines at the gas pump)

No comments: