Sunday, September 18, 2005

A Wife as an Alarm Clock?

There are many good reasons to anticipate marriage. One of the less important ones is that you have someone there every day to help make sure you're up in time for that day's activities. I made the classic "set your alarm for pm instead of am" mistake this morning and nearly ruined church for hundreds of children in the Dallas area.

The chances of that happening to me now are currently only about 3% because I am a generally responsible person. Once I marry Alli (in only 20 days), I anticipate that the chances will fall down to 2% or maybe even 1%.

Of course these statistics are fake. (I know a guy that always seems to be making up fake statistics and I always get a good kick out of it.) The point is that Alli will probably notice if I accidentally sleep too late and when that 1% chance comes along, she will at least make me some Pop-Tarts or something to cheer me up (I just hope they'll be cinnamon & brown sugar).

Countin' the days,
David

No comments: