Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Favorite Things (1st post by Alli)

OK, so this is embarrassing. The entire time we have had our blog, I (Alli) have not done a post by myself. David usually handles the technical stuff in the family & I just sit next to him saying "That looks good." , "Add that picture." , etc, etc. Needless to say, my husband is the best!!

I am attempting my first post by listing some of my favorite things (idea stolen from Brittney). So here it goes...

1. Anthropologie



This is my absolute favorite store! The home section has a really cool style & is the perfect place to find gifts. The clothes are really fun (esp. the sale closet). I don't get to buy too often, but the things I have from there are some of my favorites!!

2. Watermark Community Church



I love my church! The people who I have met there are some of the most amazing, authentic people I have ever met. David's time on staff there has been such a blessing to our family. Come visit anytime...www.watermark.org

3. Pajama Pants



I own WAY too many pairs of pj pants, but I don't care!

4. Viva Papertowels



I know. This is a random one. But these papertowels are so soft & when wet, they are perfect for wiping baby food off of sweet little mouths! (I give the credit to my sister...she started me on them)

5. Scrabble



David & I love to play regular Scrabble, but "Rapid Scrabble" or "Fast Scrabble" is a favorite of my family & friends. No board necessary.

6. Gilmore Girls



My sister & I used to get together every Tuesday night for the newest episode of Gilmore Girls. Now, we just go through the DVDs (that's right, we own them all!)

7. Chips & Queso



I think I am ALWAYS in the mood for chips & queso. In Dallas, a few of my favorite quesos are at Chuy's, Mattito's & Tin Star.

8. Flavored Coffee Creamer



I have never been much of a coffee drinker, but if you drown the coffee in Cinnamon Vanilla Cream Creamer, how can you not LOVE it?? At Christmas, we stock up on the Peppermint Mocha flavor.

9. Northpark



Northpark is one of my favorite places. David & I love to go there, eat at the food court, & go see a movie. I also love taking Chapman in the stroller & just walking some laps :) Lots of fun stores & good food.

10. My Boys



David & Chapman are 2 of my favorite people in the entire world...aren't they handsome??

11. "Mark of the Lion" Series



Francine Rivers is an amazing author who wrote the "Mark of the Lion" Series. It consists of 3 books, and if you give them a try, you will be hooked! The first is called A Voice in the Wind.

12. Painting



I used to paint wooden letters for my kindergarten students at the end of each year. Painting is such a relaxing & fun thing for me to do.

13. Blogs



I love reading family blogs...gaining ideas for creative things to do with your kids, reading hilarious stories, keeping up with old friends, & seeing some precious pictures.

12 comments:

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

I'm totally with you on the PJ pants, they are soooo addicting!! It's got to be my favorite time of the day, walking in from work, and immediately rushing to the bedroom to throw on my newest pair of cotton PJ pants(can't even count how many I have now!!) and an oversized T-shirt. Love the blog!!
Jill

sheltonfamily said...

Alli,
I love your first post and I feel like I know you better already. I will expect more Alli posts to come! I love Mark of the Lion as well and some chips and queso sound so yummy right now! Hope you are having a great day!

Anonymous said...

I guess since you attempted your first post, I'll attempt my first comment!! Perfect description of you and lots of my favs too (except maybe painting and coffee creamers!!)
Aunt Jen (fellow GG watcher and paper towel introducer)

Kara Wilson said...

Hey Sweet Girl, I am so proud of you (& also cracking up that this was the first blog you have done on your own!)!!! I LOVE the favorites list. I am going to do it, too! I just loved reading it all so much! What a fun post! Looking forward to seeing you on Monday!

ThePoeFam said...

Hey YOU! I'm so proud of you!!! You did awesome with your first post and I love the list. I remember the days of you painting those precious letters...

Lucy said...

yay, Alli!! I love your first post. We share a lot of these favorite things. Those letters are so cute. We miss you and Chapman.
xxLucy (& Eleanor)

Anonymous said...

This describes our sweet baby to a tee. She is the best! We love her and her boys so much.

Grammy and Poppi

Porter Carroll said...

Alli,
You have inspired me to write about my favorite things! I love your first blog post. Great job! :) And, ditto on Anthropologie!

Megan Kemp said...

I too am a queso addict. Have you ever tried the Chey Gooey at Chey's? Yum Yum. Love your first post...congrats!

ps...I added a link to your site on mine so I remember to check back often.

Meredith said...

Wow! Congrats on posting by yourself! :) I really enjoyed reading your favorites! I'm going to have to try the Viva papertowels!

S, J, B, & S said...

Alli! If you EVER need a Chuy's queso buddy, give me a call and I am there! My all-time fav!! Love your list!!

Lainey-Paney said...

Hola. I'm a dallas mommy blogger too.

Love Anthropologie.
Love Northpark. So does my son.
Love my boys! (Hubby, son, boy dog...I'm so out numbered at my house.)
Love flavored Coffee Creamer! Mmmm...Toffee Nut is my current fave.
And, the Chuy's chips & salsa. Yum!