Thursday, January 14, 2010

Labor & Delivery "Play by Play"


1:52pm - The Penuels are pleased to introduce you to Cole Phillip Penuel. He was born at 1:06pm (after only 6 minutes of pushing!) and came out weighing 7lbs 4oz. Looks a lot like his big brother did when he was born (but without the wild hair)!

12:58pm - It's on. We're pushing!


12:29pm - Anesthesia kicking in. Everything is chill. Just noticed this bracelet that Alli has to wear because her lower half is numb. Thought it was funny.

12:19pm - Check out our smokin' hot cheerleaders! Just got some extra anesthesia. We're going fast...May not be back on the blog before baby comes. Best guess...2 or 3 more hours!

12:00pm - Dilated to 8cm. The goal is 10cm. We're moving right along! Looks like this guy is a little more eager to meet us than Chapman was!

11:45am - Just checked Facebook and got some encouragement from our friends, the Petersons (pictured above), down in College Station. Thanks for all the comments, we're reading them all and are grateful to have loved ones to share this day with!

11:15am - Dilated to 5+ cm. Progressing right along. Flipping channels in hospital room. Randomly, it is our first time seeing Jonas Brothers: 3D Concert Experience is on TV. Super fun feeling seeing yourself on TV. Reconsidering naming the baby Jonas instead of Cole (not true).

10:20am - Contractions starting to get painful. More epidural, more better. We're enjoying chatting with our nurse and our first visitor has arrived! Welcome Aunt Jen!

9:30am - Epidural is in. Administering minimal doses. Contractions getting stronger. Watching the Today Show. All good.

8:30am - Water Broken. 3 cm dilated. No picture available.

7:49am - Battle Stations Ready (See Picture Above). Alli's in her spot and I'm manning my post behind the laptop. Our nurse is Amanda and she already seems great! We're both excited and expectant for a day filled with joy!

7:30am - Check-In

6:30am - Call Labor & Delivery to confirm bed availability

Midnight Wednesday - Nothing to eat or drink (including water, ice chips, mints, and gum)

30 comments:

Sisco Family said...

eeekkk! i'm so excited... i'll be checking in all day, but hopefully it will be speedy! go get 'em allie!!! and, david, try not to be too crazy! :) love you both!!!!

Kara Wilson said...

Oh, I am SO excited for the play-by-play of today's wonderful events!!!!!! I am beyond thrilled for your precious family & can't wait to meet sweet baby Cole!!!! I am praying today for an easy delivery & healthy baby!!!! Love you guys!!!!

Unknown said...

So fun! Super excited to keep up with the days events!

Praying for the Lord to be glorified today!

duck tape man said...

praying for no complications and for a speedy delivery!!
russ, kayci and our CRAZY kids....

Joy Blocker said...

so exciting!!! We had Amanda as our nurse with Griffin (I think!)

!! She was AMAZING! Loved her!

Adventures in Sepia Tone said...

First thing I did when I woke up this morning was check Thepenuels.com!!!! Seriously! he he! Praying for you guys and hope you have a comfortable, easy delivery Alli! Welcome to the world Baby Cole! We loe you already!!!

Jo, Vince, and Reese

Unknown said...

Hi Guys! I'm so excited for this day! I will be up to see you a little later - so glad you will be updating your blog! Call and let me know if there is anything I can bring you when I come up!

With love and great anticipation of seeing yet another miracle on this very day!

Mom

Amy said...

Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for alli and precious baby cole! love you!!

duck tape man said...

can you post the pic of our kids....they want to be part of the penuel party. (such a presumptious question, i know!!!) i just brought them lunch at school. first thing, did they have their baby? what does chapman think? it will make their day to see themselves on your page. WHY? cuz' they think you are a ROCKIN' STAR!!!

Caryn said...

I am LOVING these updates!! Keep them coming. We can't wait to meet MR. COLE.

Alli keep up the good work you're doing great!!!
Much Love,
The Smiths!

Megan McCurry said...

I've never seen anyone have more fun than y'all on "Baby Day!" Baby Jonas...haha!! Can't wait to meet Cole tomorrow. My mom and I will be there around 5ish...if that is OK :)

Love and prayers,
Megs

Porter Carroll said...

Yay! Cole, we cannot wait to meet you! ;) Love you, Alli!
XOXOAmy

ThePoeFam said...

AHHHHH! He's absolutely precious!!! I'm amazed at how much he looks like his big bro...and I immediately started crying when I refreshed my page and saw his face!!!! {obviously, I'm preggo and emotional! ;)} Anyway, I love you...am so happy for all of you...and can't wait to meet him!!!!!!

Unknown said...

he's precious! congratulations, penuel family! :)

Jeff Parker said...

Welcome Cole! Look forward to meeting you.

Congrats Alli and David - he's a cutie. We'll see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Just saw Cole's picture!! What a beautiful boy!! WOW! I can say I have tears in my eyes right now!! What a miracle and blessing it is that God allows us to bring life into this world! You two are amazing parents and sweet Chapman and Cole are very blessed!! Love to the Penuel crew - a family of 4!!!! Please let us know if we can do anything...or if Chapman wants to come take a trip to OK to visit his future college roommate for a few nights!!

jo, vince, and reese

Annie said...

precious!!! i loved reading the blog post- such a fun way to remember the day!!! Absolutely can not wait to meet Cole!!!

Donnell Days said...

YEA...congratulations sweet friend!!! I have been checking your blog all day...I am so impressed that Cole arrived so quickly! He DOES look like Chapman! Take care and I can't wait to meet sweet Cole!!

Self Family said...

Congrats to the 3 of you!! So excited Cole is here. Way to go momma - only 6 minutes!!

Caryn said...

Congratulations!!! I as thrilled when I got home from picking up Stacey and saw that Cole Was HERE!!!!

What a perfect, precious miracle.

S, J, B, & S said...

CONGRATULATIONS Alli, David, & big brother Chapman!!!!!!!!!!!! He is ADORABLE!!!!! I can't wait to meet sweet Cole soon!! So so happy for you! You will LOVE having 2 little guys! :)

Catherine said...

CONGRATS to your sweet family of FOUR!!!! We are thinking about you guys!

Unknown said...

I just showed Gracie the pics of Chap's new brother and asked her what she wanted to say to Chapman and she said, "Thank you, Lord." :)

Ditto from the rest of the Gummelts! Can't wait to see him in person.

Erin said...

The play by play was great. Congratulations! Cole is beautiful.

Erin D.

Laura said...

Congrats to all of you!!! Cole is adorable...loved the play by play today!!! Can't wait to meet Cole soon :-)

Ashley Holmes said...

Alli, David and Chapman,
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you all. Precious pictures! :)
Ashley

Jill Garcia (Smith) said...

CONGRATS!!! SOOO excited for y'all and Cole is precious! He looks just like Chapman. WAY TO GO momma, can't believe you only pushed 6 minutes, AMAZING!!!!

Sharee Forman said...

Ahhh, CONGRATULATIONS to the new family of four!!! So fun! I think Cole does look like big brother too! Such a cutie, I can't wait to meet him! love u!

Johnson Family said...

6 minutes! Seriously?! You are amazing Alli!!

Congrats on your new family of 4!! Cole is beautiful!

babyisbest said...

let me stick my tongue in his ass, lick him good get him wet then my finger goes in while i lick and suck his ballsncock